Saturday, December 13, 2008

Grosse Point Blank + War Inc

Having a look through my dvd collection i was trying to think of what film i would mention as my all time favourite. There are plenty of contenders, Any Frank Darabont film, Disney Classics such as The Lion King & Aladdin or for action junkies, Die Hard With A Vengeance rates high on my list.

However ....

I went for the odd choice, an odd film, quirky, kick ass 80's sound track that even Beckeye would appreciate you 80's child you!, John & Joan Cusack working together, Dan Ackroyd in something funny post Ghostbusters! and Jeremy Piven not being anything like the ass he is today!

What more could you ask for in a film ... and if you are thinking, well maybe John Cusack dispatching a hired hitman with nothing but a felt tip pen, well it has that too.

So ill leave you with one of Martin Blank's ramblings ...

"I just honestly don't know what I have in common with those people anymore... or with anyone, really.
I mean, they'll all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they'll have made themselves a part of something, and they can talk about what they do.
And what am I going to say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How have you been?" "

Now if your like me and loved this film, you probably cant wait for War Inc ... the unofficial sequel .... here's the preview link ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfajHamEyWQ

No comments:

Post a Comment